So here we are in "West Palm." I feel I am in the DTs but it is just jet lag. A few observations are in order, as this is a place new to me:
1. Good mix of people... seems to be a third Latin, African-American, and White.
2. On my walk to the pharmacy, I stopped into a cigar shop called Mya. They roll cigars on the spot. Four workers sit and roll cigars. The owner give me a free cigar, a cup of Cuban espresso, and a leather chair to sit in.
3. Last night at the hotel bar, I met a whole bunch of people: a private photographer for Bush, car dealership owner (driving a car back to Pitt), a businessman from South Africa, and a local con artist (NY accent who said he was from Santa Cruz); I never did undestand his profession: a diabetic who supported Hillarycare.
4. The weather has been cloudy and mild (cool by local standards but not for me). I walked a long way without sweating, so mild and not too humid.
5 We are off to Nova, the art museum, and the beaches. Sebastian needs to help me upload my photos.
as always...DT
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment